View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2018, 06:36 AM   #9
CptCurl
User

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. I thought I might start a firefight claiming this to have been the very last Old Model. There had to be a last one, and this one seems to have the best claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Gruber View Post
Wow. That is simply stunning. Your assessment that this is the last Old Model carbine is almost certainly correct.

The case was made by Nolte & Olson, a saddlery in San Fransisco, probably between 1937-1942. There might be a small maker's mark stamped somewhere on the case.

--Dwight
Dwight, thanks for your information and the identification of the case. That is very helpful.

You might take note: I'm being bolder than saying it is the "last Old Model carbine." I think it is that, but my statement is more general. I think it is the last Old Model Parabellum of any configuration. That follows fairly easily if one accepts this as the last OM carbine. This batch of Old Model carbines was a fluke, evidently made long after DWM's conversion to New Model production and with no other Old Model production occurring alongside. Logic dictates that the last of this batch of OM carbines, whichever it may be, has to be the very last OM Parabellum of any style or configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
Besides me whining about the pictures being too big for my laptop and not posted here on the forum.

I can say.. wow....

If Dwight likes it as one of the last carbines, I'd say you have done your homework!

Beautiful. Whats the story, did it just come up on auction or you chased it down or?

Ed
GunBroker, believe it or not!

Yes I did a lot of research after finding it needing a new home.

I welcome further comments, opinions, and discussion of this interesting Luger carbine. You guys are far more knowledgeable than I.

Curl
CptCurl is offline   Reply With Quote