Thread: Holster swaps
View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
Heinz
User

Default Holster swaps

Some years ago I bought this holster from a large box of similar holsters at the Aberdeen Proving Ground Museum. It was very reasonable and I could not pass it up. John James told me based on the marking it was for an East German Makarov and I should buy one to go with it.
I should have listened, their price has gone nowhere but up and the holster remained empty

The second part of this story is a Sauer 38H I bought about the same time. It is a nice commercial example and I do shoot it. I really like the way it shoots and handles. However, for years I have been looking for a holster for it. No one seems to make them and Uncle Mike's nylon wonders are all too small or too big. So I was looking at that empty holster and looking at the 38H and wondering how they would fit. I always thought the Makarov was a bit of a 38H knockoff anyhow. The Photos show it fits like a glove. The mag pouch has the wrong cut angle at that top but works.
As a collector, this mismatch bothers me slightly. If anybody wants to trade another holster that fits the 38H I am open to discussions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	82369  

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	82370