View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #18
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucki View Post
As far as I know, today there is no information left, which indicate the time of production of Swiss Lugers. The existing records of the W+F provide information about the time of delivery of the pistols. I am relying on copies of the W+F delivery books, which until recently were still kept at RUAG.

In addition, I am aware of W+F documents from the Swiss Federal Archives with corresponding information. One of these documents (from 1946) is entitled "Produktion von Serie Pistolen" (production of pistols). But that is misleading. The document is obviously based on the above-mentioned delivery books of the W+F. I assume, that Bobba and other authors, had access to this document and therefore we have this confusion about production and delivery information.

When you compare the indication about month and year in the frame of pistols 06/29 with the information in the delivery books, you can see, that the delivery normally took place in the same month or one to two months later than production date in the frame of the pistol (rarely more than two months).

I also have the impression, that the entries in the delivery books have not always been made carefully, there are some obvious mistakes in them.

Alexander
Thanks for your reply, actually I based my reply on what I've always considered "the Holy Bible of the Swiss Lugers" i.e. Mr Vittorio Bobba's books.