Thread: P code
View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2005, 03:47 PM   #3
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

John, I was able to see this outstanding weapon and hold it for several hours. I have never before seen a more mint pistol nevertheless a Krieghoff.
This one came with a 4" barrel canon and a 6" to match, all #59. The 4" is in 9MM with a fluted fireing pin,no serial. The 6"is .30 Luger and not fluted.
Just as Jack was packing up I noticed the 4" canon had been drilled and filled for a Police sear safety. Hard to say if one had ever been installed but the holes were there and filled.
The one Haenel Schmeisser mag had a Police Eagle on the bottom. It has two matching mags. The longer 6" canon assembly was not modified with holes for a sear safety.
This pistol would easily grade out at 100%. It has been fired but not more than a handfull of rounds. Both barrels are absolutely pristine. The muzzles are both in the white. The 4" has an S stamped on the front of the sight, the 6" has more height and no S or any other stamp.
It has beautiful unmarked deep brown bakalite grips. All 4 holes are threaded, no markings. Small border around edges.
It is a P marked pistol, the .30 has a star on the right reciever.The 4" has a Wa466 I think.
No chamber marking. Short sword and tiny Krieghoff Suhl print on both toggles.
Beautiful fit and finish, must be a rust blue. The straw is gorgeous.
Commercial N markings. This pistol would be the crown jewel in any collectors list of prizes....
We both had a question about the serial #59. Would this be a commercial # or would it have been pulled from the Military contract? How would it have been given this #?
I am hoping Jack can post some nice photo's of this....It is deffinately worth a looik for those who are interested in these pistols. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote