View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

I have to agree with Jerry in his analysis of the magazine, grip markings and price. When this P04's price went over $6,000, the seller lost me as a purchaser. But since I have a lot of navies in my collection, I watch this navy a lot.

But has anyone looked at the thumb safety? The "gesichert" is up. The bottom part does not appear to be altered. So this would make this a second issue, not a first issue unaltered. Still a nice P04 and probably more rare than the 1st issue unaltered. But its close. Most of the 1906's that I find are 1st issue altered.

Any other issues that I have with this navy has to do with the bluing. My comments here is that the bluing on the grip safety and the grip seem to be of different hues. The same holds for the rear toggle sight. But I will be the first to admit that this could be just a photography thingy. The actual bluing on this gun could be totally correct. You will only know by holding this apparent treasure in your sweaty and shaky hands after you buy it. Good luck gentlemen.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote