View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Joe in Colorado
User

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'll try to answer to your requests for more information. But first, is that normal or weird how the blue finish in the safety area seems to have been removed by brushing or machining? Do you see the circular marks in that white area?
Yes, my old copy of Luger Variations says the first was #15216 so this would be #559.
The firing pin is only marked "17" with no cross or anything I could see.
Regarding the sear bar finish, I looked with google images and saw some others that were light but not nearly this extreme.
Thank you for your other helpful comments, including that this pistol was most likely worked on by a past owner in Switzerland following the gun's military service. For the price that doesn't bother me too much and also is one reason I asked about shooting this pistol-assuming it had been rebuilt and tinkered with for a shooter in Switzerland years ago.
Finally-I also have a finish-challenged Mauser Luger I use for shooting. It's a byf 41 in great shape and finish except for the barrel side and the side plate. Fifty years ago we used G66 cold blue to touch over spots like this and it blended in fine. Is there a current cold blue that you or another member can suggest please?
That's all, thank you again, Joe
Joe in Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote