View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2001, 08:49 PM   #26
Mark M.
User

Default Re: My Stainless Steel pistol

Gruss Gott BOB!

I agree with you in most respects,but I have to admit (to Hr. Spuhr as well), he does make some valid points.Bob,I have several of these "pieces of ...." as Hr. Spuhr is so fond of calling them. They do fill a niche.I'm comfortable shooting them and if one of these days they prove Hr. Spuhr to be totally "on the money" in this ongoing debate about their quality (or lack thereof) then I'll know if I made an error in judgement when I bought them.

In then meantime,I have to realize he has an opinion which I may not endorse fully at this point,but may sometime in the future. I hope not,but it may come to pass.We all have strong opinions.If we didn't have the opinion that Lugers (or P.38s,or whatever) were nice guns to have,we wouldn't be having this discussion.None of us would have anything to do with them regardless of whether they were new or old manufacture.I'm on board with those of you who say "enjoy what you have at your disposal".I refuse to shoot my old mathching guns.These - who gives a damn if they prove to be less than eternal?! I just like to shoot them.

The next phase might be to look for a postwar Mauser.It's a thought I've been kicking around.These choices might not be the same as an "historic" piece,but then we owe it to posterity to preserve the truly historic (wartime) guns so others can have the thrill of seeing them,just as we have been allowed.

Sorry about being so long winded (fingered),but I find it impossible to stay out of this ongoing controversy.

Thanks all for your patience!

Tschuss! Mark M.