Thread: 9mm ammo
View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2018, 07:13 PM   #40
Rick W.
User

Context kinda comes to mind.

War weapons, used in war, the longevity of the weapon is not a primary goal, make them cheaply and put as many into your side's hands as possible. Ammo kinda the same to me, steel is easier to procure than brass.........hard on chambers, but............who cares in events like that; as long as it goes bang, what's a little toggle slap or accelerated wear among friends? That same thought process even pertains to the poor individuals behind them, after all, everything or anyone is certainly replaceable in some circles.

Everyone has their own thoughts on all of this Luger pistol, Luger ammo, springs, etc. Some think as long as it goes bang, we don't care beyond that. Some that want to preserve what they have, try to use methods that will keep the pistol intact for a while. All pistols break, does not seem logical to me(my own opinion surely) that I should go looking for trouble by ignoring what the pistol is telling me, sorta speak.

Barrel steel is relatively soft, is cartridge steel harder or softer?. Perhaps an exercise for the internet google types huh? for those do it yourselfers, rub a piece of cartridge brass on a steel barrel(hopefully a discarded barrel, not your 1900). Then rub a piece of steel cartridge onto the barrel; each until you give up on the possible learning(if any) concept. One might consider using the case sharp mouth as the contact to the barrel, might take longer, smooth on smooth; but to each their own process. Could be just a silly Rick W. snipe hunt.......... :-) Never done it myself, but I can imagine...........and that is still a freedom currently.

I shoot Lugers a fair amount, even the ones in stainless that everyone bad mouths, all I can say is that my Lugers, stainless and blue are getting the best I can give them. Not making many anymore, I can see the time where my lamp for these pistols will eventually go out...........but hopefully my Lugers will still function and offer their mystique to the next user says the non collector.

As usual............to each their own..............maybe one of our greatest freedoms.

Last edited by Rick W.; 10-03-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Rick W. for your post: