View Single Post
Unread 09-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

This can be done, but it will be a very expensive restoration... You should consider what your budget would be for this project...

If the gun is not all matching serial numbers, you might fare better buying a shooter class gun with a stock lug from the same manufacturer and time period and switching the frames to restore your Artillery, and then re-selling the shooter class gun to recoup some of your investment... Just my $0.02...

Could you post some photos of this gun and especially the stock lug area so that more advice can be provide by some of the members who may have faced this issue...

Since the "modification" has eliminated any real historical value... the restoration would just restore its functionality and original glory, but will not increase its value to most collectors... Your sentimental value will far exceed the costs of restoration... I wish I had a grandfather who had left me a gun.

...I am anxious to see your Artillery...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote