Thread: PX HK...?
View Single Post
Unread 08-10-2004, 03:09 PM   #23
Big Norm
RIP

"Core Dump"!!!! Gosh I remember knowing how to read those things on an IBM-360 using my old green card. That was before 'Snap Dumps' which made things easier.I was born in 1940. I guess that is why I like the pre-1918 Lugers like Ron Wood does.

John, I am truely sorry if I gave any impression of hostility in my post. Frustration...Yes. Hostility ...no. The soldiers name engraved on the side of you Luger definately does give the gun some character and a taste of history.

I bought my gun thinking it looked cool. I just thought that it was an armorers 'put together'. But then there was the Russian extractor on it. That has always bothered me. I don't think that a German armorer would have a Russian extractor in his little box of tricks.Your postings has me wondering even more about what I have. I still have to figure out it I have a 30 cal or a 9mm. Except for the Russian extractor markings and the GESICHERT on the read safety, there are no markings on it.

Just to show you my sincere repentance, I begrudgingly will offer to sell it to you for $5,000. A bargain at half the price.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote