View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #12
ViggoG
RIP

Hi Rick.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva"> and secondly if one wants a nice strike on the lower surface would the other surface receive a slightly wider mark due to its additional depth maybe?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Quite true, However, my poor use of Language "FAILED TO TRANSFER MY TRUE THOUGHT"
I was referring to tool point wear, I'm focusing on the rounding of the very Knife edge of the tool.
The point that forms the very bottom of the mark and wears round with use.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva"> When examined under a 60 X Binocular Lab Microscope, The marks appear to be made with two different tools. "??????"
The tools have differing widths of wear in the marking edge, the barrel mark shows to be approximatly 90% of width of the breech mark.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">This difference leads me to believe that there is a possibility two different tools were used.
ViggoG
ViggoG is offline   Reply With Quote