View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2002, 08:21 AM   #7
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Rick..!

These scans are excellent! Thanks..!! The top edge along with the rear "keeper" look absolutely correct - that was the detail I wanted to see, along with the "finish" of the top edge... Based on what I can see - these certainly appear as original Krieg issue... Usually, the fakes/repros I've seen (even some that look like they were molded after an original set) have the following characteristics...

- The top edge diamonds are not crisp on the fakes/repros. By comparision - yours look terrific!;

- The overall diamond pattern is WAY off on some repros - yours, on the other hand, are exactly right..;

- The top seam is canted either up or down, almost like a molding deficiency (your look great and certainly original!);

- The originals are "roughly" cut on the top between the two keepers and fakes are usually polished "smooth" (yours look terrific!!);

- On the back side - the screw holes on the fakes either are not "tapped", or the counter-sink around the holes are not correct - yours certainly look absolutely right...

- On the outer side, where the grip screw sets, their is a definate diamond pattern to originals vs. the fakes/repros I've seen.. Yours sure have the original pattern in that area...

- Etc...

Rick - really nice!! Thanks for posting this thread and the additional photos!! They are a pleasure to look at..! Want to trade your Krieg grips for a pair of good Mauser grips ( [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] ) Just kidding..!!! LOL!!!

Now - about the snow up in this area, all I have to say is "ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH...." But, being indoors a lot isn't too bad, especially as there is an indoor range about a mile away... Hopefully, I'll have a chance to visit it this afternoon or weekend..!!!

Rick - thanks again...!!!
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote