Thread: A Final Chapter
View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
b0xcrash
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by padredan View Post
Mr Bill You and your family will continue to be in my prayers, This past week my son's mother died suddenly at age 60 and it came as a big shock to all of us.
she was a very good and kind person, we had devorced over twenty years ago but i still had feelings for her and hated to loose her. After the death of my father in 1992 she wrote me and in the letter she closed with" It is hard to give up someone you love,but God knows best . Judy" those words of hers seem to bring comfort to many including my son. All my best Padre Dan
Sorry for you loss Dan. Still can be tough to deal with.

So true Bill and well spoken.
I have a 7 year old and I have made a special point since he was born to show him love and hugs. I tell him I love him all the time, probably to most what would be an excessive amount.

I do this because I prefer to have no regrets in this area, and grew up in a very strict and proud household. I can honestly say I never remember hearing my Dad say I love you to me, just because. I can never remember getting a hug from him either. Shaking hands was the utmost show of expression between us. Even when I told him goodnight as a very young child, we shook hands.
As a result I have trouble beyond the average man expressing my emotions and showing any affection.(as most men do)

I may not be able to financially provide him with a stress free future.
But the nice thing is loving your kids is free...setting aside our pride and face, then being the parent in the relationship and mending disagreements is also monetarily free.
b0xcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to b0xcrash for your post: