View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #96
bobnbar
New User

Hi, I have a 7.65mm(Parabellum Carbine) D.W.M. 1902 American Eagle Self-Loading Carbine
No. 24623
The auction catalogue describes it as follows: the barrel with ramp-mounted bead fore-sight and adjustable rear-sight, the chamber with 'American Eagle' crest, the toggle with 'D.W.M' markings, butt with grip-safety and chequered wooden grips, and unnumbered wooden-capped magazine
11in. barrel, German nitro proof
The later detachable wooden stock with original mount serial numbered to the pistol, ebonite butt-plate, and sling-swivels: in their later fitted suede case lined in red baize with spare magazine and later cleaning rod

Condition: This pistol is in fine condition overall and retains virtually all its original slightly dulled blued finish. The bore is very clean with some very light scattered pitting. The wooden grips have some minor losses to the tips of the chequering
FOOTNOTES
Provenance
James D. Julia, Inc., Fairfield, Maine, 14-16 October 2013, lot 3091
Someone recently told me that this was not an original carbine as American Eagles were a remake in the 1930s. From reading your forum this appears to be rubbish, but I would be interested to know the date of manufacture and if there is any way of getting this certified.
bobnbar is offline   Reply With Quote