Thread: "Broom Handle"
View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2003, 07:41 PM   #12
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,614 Times in 525 Posts
The consensus that the grips are incorrect for a pistol chambered in 7.63mm is correct. I'd have to have a close look at the pistol to determine if the bluing is original. I'd also want to closely examine all parts to make sure nothing is cracked or worn and there are several places where these pistols can crack. The web of the action body just below where the hammer is at full **** is one place and the bolt block (the piece that the firing pin passes through and that secures the bolt in the slide) is another.

If it checks out and the pistol is in the condition you describe, then my only disagreement with the other posters is the value. I'd say the pistol - as described - is more in line with $600 - $700. The pieces of junk I see at gun shows are priced in the $400 range, although I readily admit that I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for them.

I have an all-matching Chinese-issue C-96 Broomhandle with un-numbered holster/stock that has had the barrel and chamber arsenal relined. The finish is easily 95% plus and I'm torn between an arsenal refinish and original finish. The markings and edges are sharp and clean and it doesn't appear to have been buffed. I wouldn't take $750 for the gun alone.

But, there's no way the gun you describe even comes close to $2,500. That's simply fishing for a sucker. I have an idea the owner is aware of the true value and I think I'd avoid doing business with him just on the principle that he's trying to screw someone..... unless you know for a fact that he's simply not aware of the value. Just my opinion.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote