View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #15
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

You are so immersed in your own world that you have no idea?

I do not know Sturgess and do not care that you dislike him. But I have tried to impress upon you that you need to NOT be a jerk to anyone, and BTW that includes me. As a moderator I feel it is my duty to keep things on an even keel, but you seem to think that means that I don't like you and like Sturgess. The point is sport, that I don't care or not care about either of you (no offense meant), however, since you make snide comments about me and to me..... It makes it hard to respect you. Leave it be and remember I will enforce the rules; one is listen to the moderators and treat others with respect.

Oh, BTW, I could care less about your book and how exciting that you feel it will be the 'bible' of brooms. yawnnnnnn

sorry, but disparaging other authors, who have put in untold hours on research is disrespectful.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Arms View Post
Edward,

I mention Geoff in a number of my comments because there are people like you who consider him so important in the collectors society when a number of people do not know what caused his reputation to tumble. His name and repuation has some stains like Ralph which is not as revealing because less is known about Geoff than compared to Ralph. He tries to use his 'holy' position and pompous English background to create a special image of himself, and he preferes to only exposes himself through his various publications which contain a number of errors. He will never admit that he is wrong, so he deserves the attacks that he receives. It seems that the size of his collection which he mainly acquired in one large sweep from Henk Visser in the early 1990's is what impresses collectors, but they should also learn what other rubbish has gone though his hands before saying 'Wow'. If it was not for his wealth and his 'proper' English attitude, I wonder what he would stand for in different times and circumstances?

In regards to my manuscript on the Mauser C96 which I have been working on for about 15 years, you do not need to worry about it never being made into a book - I am still young and in good health, unless your health is going in the opposite direction. I intend to make my book on the Mauser C96 a 'bible' on the subject and I have access to all the finest pieces in the world including to the first two Spur Hammer prototypes. I have learned from various experts how to properly present information based on sound historical facts and traditions, and not make similar errors like on the 'M1906 Russian Luger' and the 'Swiss-Anglo B/L pistols'.

When concrete information is not available, of course, conjecture is all that remains - As thet they say, believe what you want. However, in the case of the 'M1906 Russian Luger' theory, what can the critics provide? NOTHING - Just any excuse or weak opinion to keep it alive.

Considering the the great length of this topic being debated, I am surprised how the critics do not yet understand about the characteristics and differences of a contract and a commercial pistol. Usually, contract pistols need to be made under specific and/or strict guidelines provided by a foreign government. You tell me why the M1906 Russian Contract Luger has these strange markings that has confused collectors for decades? Is this 'curve ball' suppose to happen with a contract Luger (or a Mauser C96 pistol)? How come we do not see these odd occurences with the Portugese Lugers delivered around the same time frame? Just simply learn that the crossed rifles likely mean an infantry connection just like an anchor means navy. Now, you figure out some kind of connection between the infantry emblem on the chamber and the Russian Empire. I believe that the Tsar of Bulgaria being an infantry leader in his nation carries more weight than any empty 'Russian theory'. If you say the DWM made mistakes and omissions, they probably occurred with pistols sold in different commercial markets, but I have yet heard of a serious careless mistake dealing with a foreign contract. And do not forget about that M1902 Russian Luger Carbine with the same (contract) crossed rifles on the chamber!

Albert
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post: