View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #39
Conny
User

Sir,
I was employed with the US Postal Service for over 26 years. I have also worked with the Postal Inspectors on numerous occasions to retrieve my money sent by US Mail to another State.

I suggest you find a Postal Inspectors Office and register your complaint with a real person. Most large MSC's (Mail Sectional Centers) have an Inspectors office. Take your original documentation (phone #'s & records, addresses, names, dates, receipts, etc.) with you. However, give the Inspector COPIES of everything. You will also need to write the facts of everything that occured cronologically. If it takes a week and 5 pages, so be it. Be as detailed as possible. You are essentailly starting your own case file.

Once a complaint has been filed, the Inspection Service legally must investigate the events and talk to the offender and remedy any fraud situation whether monitarilly or legally charging him.

It takes about 2-3 months before results but you will get your money. You will need to stay in touch with the agent in charge of your case file.

Remember this, YOU have to do the work BEFORE talking with the Inspectors.

Good luck whether you eat the loss or use your trusted Government Agency. Wow! Part of that sounds like a joke doesn't it?
The following member says Thank You to Conny for your post: