View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2001, 04:58 AM   #1
Alexander Eichener

Default Krieghoff Production Site Question

Dear readers,

I have asked around in two other fora before, and two gentle readers (EOC Bob and Marvin Cook) was kind enough to point me here (one also threatened to sell me a Luger patch, eventually ;-).

I hope I won't blunder too badly, as a newbie in this specific forum. Here goes the question, and maybe some of you with the appropriate specialized literature at hand (Randall Gibson ? others ?) may be able to furbish more information, and to cite chapter and verse of the source(s) which they use:

Readers of other fora here may have seen me on occasion, but you are aware that I am a total newbie in this (highly

specialized) forum, and thus I take the liberty to ask for some lenience, if my question is weighed and found to be trite, or to have been answered already three times in the last five years ;-)...

My question pertains to the German firm of Heinrich Krieghoff, and I assume that Luger collectors may know more about them than most others. I do not know when Krieghoff production or assembly exactly ended (seems to be a disputed topic ?), but my question is different anyhow. Maybe someone with specialized Krieghoff literature at hand could be as nice as to try to look it up for me ? - I would be much indebted.

Krieghoff is said to have entertained a production or assembly site in Southern Tyrol (nowadays Alto Adige) in the last year(s) of the war, probably in the old mining city of Sterzing. I would like to know as much as possible about this branch factory - where was it located, what was done there, how long did it operate etc. ? A hint to sources would be apreciated. I need the info for our Carcano research efforts, because Carcanos were converted there.

Many thanks in advance,

Alexander Eichener

carcano91@hotmail.com

Carcano Website