View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2019, 07:08 PM   #10
Randall_G
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
It would be worth verifying that there are not wear / headspace issues with the gun. Is there much forward / rearward breech block play when the breech is closed on an empty chamber?

What is the spec of the recoil spring? There were a number of different resistance levels in these springs (thicker wire / number of coils). These are detailed in our FAQ document along with the versions of the Luger they were used in.

Is the extractor well clean, allowing the extractor to yield the casing when it hits the ejector? Is the contour of the extractor claw correct?

Are you seeing any peening on the area where the toggle strikes the frame during cycling?

It's a Mauser frame. Is it a matching gun?
Thanks for the input.

Yes, it's a matching gun. In my mind, I was thinking I didn't replace any matching parts until after I fired the gun the first time. But, looking at my records, before firing the gun the first time, I replaced the following numbered parts:

1. Firing pin and spring, with a reproduction firing pin and spring from SARCO.

2. Extractor, with a reproduction extractor purchased from SARCO. See attached photo (8694) showing original and replacement extractor, and photos taken of the reproduction extractor a few minutes ago (1124 and 1125).

3. Hold open latch and spring from http://www.stg44.eu/wpis.php?jid=3&katid=7&postid=376

I do not feel any forward / rearward breech block play when the breech is closed on an empty chamber. The only way I can get it to move is to pull up on the toggle.

I do not know the spec for the recoil spring--haven 't touched it since I bought the gun. Probably original? I'll read the FAQ, then look at what's on the gun, see if I can determine the spec.

Extractor looks nice and clean to me, see previous photos.

The area where the toggle contacts the frame is shiny, but I doesn't appear peened. But, I have limited knowledge of what "normal" looks like--see images 1128 and 1129.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8694.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	78637  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1125.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	78638