Thread: A Reborn Swiss
View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #1
OIF2
User

Default A Reborn Swiss

Got a parts gun (barrel/receiver from a 1916 DWM, all other parts are Swiss/Bern from 1919) that I wanted to turn into a shooter that looked great, too. Bought a DWM "long" receiver w/Sunburst from LugerDoc, along with a minty .30 Luger Swiss barrel, Swiss mag and some other small parts. I sent the new receiver, barrel and my toggle train to G.T. in AZ; he did an outstanding job fitting the barrel and checking headspace, using my toggle train. He also added a new front sight that shot to POA with no "hold-off".

Still had some minor fitting issues (wrong main spring and some tightness in the frame rails) that Gerald took care of after I dropped my gun off last week. It now functions perfectly. Time for the last phase...cosmetics. As soon as I take a few more pictures, the receiver and barrel are off to Thor for a rust-blue. I'll post pictures of the completed gun when it comes back from Ted (Thor). Can't say enough about the work that Gerald did-and he's a nice guy, too!
Bob

Before. Somewhat battered-up, with a DWM receiver and 9mm barrel

Back from Gerald (G.T.), ready for fitting and test-fire on my frame

Ready for shipping to Ted (Thor) for rust bluing of the barrel/receiver. This will be a great Luger range-gun; it groups to POA at 15 yards. Stocks were VERY nicely redone by our own Jim Solomon

Last edited by OIF2; 06-19-2016 at 11:39 PM.
OIF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 9 members says Thank You to OIF2 for your post: