View Single Post
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
dfm
User

Default Some reloads to share...

Bought an Interarms 29/70 Swiss Luger, .30 Luger, 6" barrel a few months back and have been working it with a variety of reloads since. Just thought I'd share some of the ones that have worked well for me.

Winchester cases, Federal 100 SP for all.

No chronograph data as an aquaintence killed my Chrony with friendly fire. Still waiting on the factory to rebuild it.

All testing done at 50'.

All ammo functioned the gun perfectly and all shot dead center with the same sight picture.

1.) Meister Bullets 32 94gr. RNFP (L) .312 diam.
4.1grs. WST
OAL - 1.117"

My everyday range/practice load. Accurate, clean burning, low recoiling and smooth feeding it's a delight to shoot. This bullet has a relatively wide flat point so I'm sure it'd be a great small game killer, too.

2.) Hornady XTP 85gr. HP (J) .312 diam.
6.0grs. HS-6
OAL - Seat to cannelure and crimp

This is my varmint round. Fast, flat and accurate it demolishes jackrabbits with aplomb and has bowled over two coyotes.

3.) Berry's 32 71gr. RN (P) .312 diam.
4.7grs WST
OAL - 1.132"

The most accurate handload yet. Quarter size groups time after time after time. I bought the bullets on a whim since they were reasonably priced and available during this time of component shortages. After seeing how well they shot I went back online to get more but they were all gone. Went to the Berry's website but the bullet had been discontinued (at least for the time being).

The .30 Luger caliber in a Luger platform - the most fun you can have with your clothes on, especially at my age.
dfm is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to dfm for your post: