View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2019, 11:30 AM   #18
Bill_in_VA
User

I'm going to try another pistol first as well as maybe run a full box or two through it to see if it'll wear itself in. There are some bright spots from where the bolt contacted the feed lips, so if it's still acting up after more use I think a few light passes with a small file ought to cure it.

That said, I don't own an MP18i (yet) so I really don't plan on using this thing very much. It's more about having one and having the choice to play with a trommel without risking damage to a real one, should I decide to do so. Truth be told, it's awkward as hell to use. I couldn't find my repro board stock and didn't want to take an original out in yesterday's weather so I just grabbed one of my shooters out of the safe. The weight of the trommel wants to cause the pistol to roll over about 45 degrees to the left.
With that tendency towards a 45 degree roll and a nickle-plated pistol I kept thinking I should be holding my crotch with my off hand and shouting "yo yo yo home boy!' or "Hey vatos!"
John 8:32

reive (riːv) vb (Military) (intr) dialect Scot and Northern English to go on a plundering raid
[variant of reave]
ˈreiver n e.g., " Some view the Border Reivers as loveable rogues."
Bill_in_VA is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Bill_in_VA for your post: