View Single Post
Unread 08-16-2002, 03:34 AM   #12
Big Norm
RIP

Unhappy

Tom,
I agree with you 100% that a military Luger with "GERMANY" stamped on the side does not constitute a commercial Luger. My Luger does not give any indication of having military markings removed. Frankly, when I bought it as well as when I examined it after I read you comments, I thought the gun is a beauty. In my computer room, the rear toggle looks authentic and the approprate parts are in the white as are the rails on the frame. The distance numbers on the sight are proper. I can not see any noticable difference in the bluing on any on the toggles parts or the receiver.
Now the bad news (for me), The bluing on the barrel did not look right in my computer room so I took it outside. Sure enough, the bluing was not correct in comparision to the rest of the gun. As a matter of fact, there is a slight tinge of redness showing through. The little scratch mark on the underside of the barrel and the receiver does not line up right either. The underside of the barrel has the crown nitro mark and the serial number. But the serial number on the frame also contains a small cap etched "n" but the barrel does not.
Right now, I am going to pour myself a brewski and examine the size of the numbering on the front of the frame and the rear toggle. I believe they are too large. But It does not look like they were ground down and new numbers added. The front of the frame and the receiver rails line up nicely.
Tom, this hurts because it looks like a very nice commercial. But thanks anyway. Any more comments will be appreciated. But my brewski is getting warm and I need it.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote