View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2002, 11:18 AM   #3
tom collins

Default is it unethical to...

is it unethical to clean up an old dirty luger?

is it unethical to clean up the old, greasy, oily grips of a luger?

is it unethical to dispaly your luger in the best possible setting?

is it unethical to light your luger with the best possible light?

is it unethical to describe your luger in the best terms possible?

is it unethical to try and stir up an emotional response when displaying a luger for sell?

is it unethical to over price ones luger?

is it unethical to sell lugers for only the sake of greed?

is it unethical to create interesting and exciting displays inorder to sell a luger?

is it unethical to create a luger from spare parts and call it matching ...if all the numbers match?

quite frankly i'm tired of all the talk on "ethics", the hypocritcy, and "holy than thou" comments from some forum members. we are all human. we all have our faults and weak points. in the end these are just guns and an overpriced hobby for the little kid in us. luger collecting is not about life. i wonder, just how many well known "dealers" with ample supply of lugers don't switch out parts to "create" matching lugers? i'm sorry, call me a cynic and skeptic of human nature, but i don't doubt for a minute that it doesn't happen. when you are dealing with items as old as these are, that have gone through as many hands as they have, and command the prices they do...it's bound to happen. i feel that those who are so concerned about a guns authenticity, matching and so forth are in the end concerned about value...which leads to the almighty dollar. and whether it's call collecting or what, it's an investment and one that eventually one day will pay off. yes even i am guilty of that and have blood on my hands.

so can we just get back to talking lugers before i go over to the 1911forum.com?