View Single Post
Unread 01-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
Rick W.
User

Glad to hear another guy likes the 30 caliber. Always been my favorite in a Luger.

In the days of yore, some bullseye folks favored a 45 acp Wyatt over the 1911 for their sport. You touched on some of the reasons why. Someday will have to try to make a Wyatt clone up, just to have the experience and fun of such.

I remember seeing the Interarms Lugers for 400 bucks a pop, could have bought dozens for that; they were really a fine pistol, especially in 30 of course..... That of course has changed with the times, not 400 anymore; other than in some circumstances. The real Swiss variants are out of this world, kinda like some of their bolt guns and 210's.

It appears that we have gone along some of the same paths and favorites in firearms, the M14 & Luger are still endearing. I have searched for years for the proper barrel length, weight, sights, taper for a Luger. My test mule has been thru a lot of barrels on and off.....hard to get past the old 4 3/4 30 luger barrel as originally put on by those folks...............but, like windmills, the lure of something better is still calling..........tis heap fun to continue on.

Enjoy the Luger, sometimes tis not the money or 401K clones that call, but just the joy of the experience; kinda how it makes one feel; kinda like why I drive a Blue Devil.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Rick W. for your post: