View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2005, 01:41 AM   #19
Big Norm
RIP

God! What a great discussion. When I read Bob's original post, I erroneously assumed that he was a newbie who got carried away at possibly buying a real Kreighoff at a bargain price for a Kreighoff. I now see that I was wrong on that count. But I am very happy in now knowing that he will look at this gun armed with knowledge that he may not have had before this discussion. If he decides to purchase this Luger, he will know what he is purchasing. This is what this forum is about.

I know Don Hallock and I think that he is a nice guy. I have bought a few Lugers off of him in the past. However, I think that his area of expertise is in Mauser Lugers. (In his valuable magazine lists, he always has something to say about them). I believe that he has written for Jan Stills book in that catagory. But I don't know how much he knows about Kreighoffs. There is an awful lot to know about HK's and there are very few people who are whiz-bangs there. With me, I just try to read everything that JohnD posts here in hopes of avoiding getting myself in expensive trouble.

I am sorry if I came across as being a hard nose. I was just trying to do the right thing by Bob. Maybe I did. I hope so.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote