View Single Post
Unread 10-31-2018, 09:35 PM   #18
Rick W.
User

Old habits from behind the wall I guess, we were required to compare theoretical to actuals in my old real job.

I was not aware of that variation in Luger barrel ramps or top slots.
Might just spur me on to do some measurements out of morbid curiosity.

I dreamed once of having PTG on the west coast custom grind a tool for the top extractor slot, he at the time would do steel or carbide or the tipped stuff. I have not got there($$), but would be nice; carbide would last me my lifetime I can assure you. I still have some wildcat chambering to do on the Luger framework.

I try to minimize case non support at the top and bottom of the luger tenion, just the way I was taught and too old now to change. My first attempts were with two straight mills and a touch with a file; back in the older than dirt routines huh? Things change over time............some.

I have seen nice work done by a skilled guy with files for both operations, but he had tenure sorta speak..........and the touch which I never got figured out, he made it look so easy; he was really gifted.

I am one of the use what I got guys too, but there has been times when the right tool would have saved some grey.

Tis always neat to hear how folks approach a task with these pistols, there is always room to get better I think. I still have the curiosity about such things, so thanks a lot to everyone for their time to post.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote