View Single Post
Unread 10-31-2018, 12:20 PM   #10
Rick W.
User

I was curious of the angles on the feedramp and the extractor cut too. So I thought either John S's nicely done schematics or the appendix to the book, The Dutch Luger. I don't have John's redo's yet, but have the Dutch Luger book.

The appendix shows the two cuts, the extractor is 51 degrees I believe; appears that the other reference would suggest 53 degrees. I have not noticed that before, so learned something again.

The appendix dwg shows the feed ramp without an angle reference, although the angles visually look similar to me(says the guy with bad eyes). The area is referenced heavily to surfaces and bore line with Cartesian dimensions, so with a little trig, one could get there. For years, I did the crude garage version on such with Cartesian measurements and connect the dots carefully.

Obviously 2 degrees is not much to talk about in most cases. We all grow up in the awe of German craftsmanship here in the states, so we assume(that funny word again) that parts are made to a set of theoretical master documents. Well...........not quite everyone.......but have to reflect on the job done back then by those guys.

I think both cuts take a little discretion as too deep towards the muzzle will cause gap space to occur, and the case only has so much insurance at the web. Especially for the guys that shoot +++++++++++P ammo in their Lugers(not me.... .

Thanks for the pictorial, always interesting to see technique. The front ramp was a new thing to me, appreciate especially seeing that.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote