View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #15
Joe in Colorado
User

Thank you again, Mauro.

Here's why I asked about 10 004515: after I started this post a few days ago I did a Google image search or two-looking for evidence of more regular production .30 pistols with the scarce 5" barrel.

(I had done similar search months earlier looking for another nickel plated Mauser Parabellum (image 00) with zero results.)

Image 01 is a screen shot of one page from the search results-row one shows a 5" but its a commemorative. I saw, in the bottom left corner, what looked liked another regular production 5".

It was linked to Frontier Gallery LLC, a well known dealer in Colorado and a regular at the annual Colorado Gun Collector's Show (cancelled this year due to coronavirus).

Frontier Gallery moved from Denver to my hometown of Fort Collins a few years ago---what a coincidence---that I found another one of these ultra-rare pistols-still for sale-right in my hometown of all places!!!

Due to coronavirus panic buying it took over 2 days to clear the background check, but I took 4515 home last night. The pistol has really nice wood grain on the grips and could hardly be in more pristine condition. (Image 02)

By chance if anyone has what Vlim said is the more common 06/73 with a 5" barrel to spare and wants one with a Swiss frame perhaps we could do a trade.

Best wishes to all, Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01 image search result screen shot.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	80192  

Click image for larger version

Name:	02 004515 01.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	80193