View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #8
Big Norm
RIP

Ron,
I totally agree with you on the price of this stock (?). I was shocked. From pictures that I have seen in my books, the butt isn't even a close reproduction. But I would have to agree with Albert that as long as you don't take it out of the house (private property), you can have it. Just don't take it to a shooting range and show it off to your friends.
But this isn't the first time that I have been shocked by prices on Ebay. I am physically numb at the prices for Jan Stills books. I bought two sets to help my nephews ease into Luger collecting. They were still in the plastic wrap. I gave one set to a nephew and still have the second set. I think that I may have a little talk with my nephew about that set that I gave him. (I love him, but...) Maybe I will trade that set that I still have still in the wrappings for a nice 1914 DWM LP-08 with unit marks, 2 matching mags and a matching stock. I'll negotiate about a dated 1914 LP-08 holster with all the straps. (with the above mentioned gun, of course).
Can you imagine how Jan feels when he sees the prices on his books going for $250 or so when he was selling them for $60 just a couple of years ago? About the same way that I now feel for only buying two sets. Where is that duplicating machine?
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote