Thread: Import mark
View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #37
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
my first post was made before you stated the Finn connection + the stampings below the CAI mark were not clear in your picture at all -
The stampings in the picture are perfectly clear and if you had actually looked at them you'd have seen the M.23 stamp.

Quote:
the Finns were notorious for salvaging parts to recondition weapons + with out the clear Finn markings this would be totally possible - the m23 marking makes it a Finn manufactured bbl. + stamping appears much different then CAI marking above it
ALL the markings are the identical size and font. Only the depth of the strikes are different. ALL of them were put there by CAI; NOT the Finns.

Quote:
- my so called insult is much less cutting then you basically calling me a liar back 11/2/20 in post about Luger stocks with ground lugs in old ATF regulations -
So this is more about your hurt feelings a year and a half ago than anything else? I don't recall the discussion so maybe you could link it.

Quote:
the 7.65 was standardized in 1923 by Finns -the m23 below CAi on bbl. is Finn arsenal designation -
Again, ALL the markings were put there by CAI. Or, maybe you can explain why the Finns would have stamped "GER" between M.23 and 7.65 PARA. Or the need to put 7.65 PARA there when that's the only cartridge the M.23 used. Furthermore, if G&S and Walter are to be believed, the Finns would have used M/23 and not M.23. Of course if you can provide a reference that the Finns marked their barrels with anything other than the maker's mark or left them bare, I'd like to see it.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Doubs for your post: