View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

Bob,
I am going to just add my two cents here and state my opinion. The lazy 'N' on page 113 of the Kreighoff book just indcates that the weapons pictures complied with goverment regulations at that time. This proof mark does not necessarily say that this was a Kreighoff marking ONLY. I believe that there were many refurbisherers of Lugers (Simson may be another one) and that they all had to comply with the law. Kreighoff was just one of them.
I have seen some refurbished Lugers by Kreighoff and I remember that they had "Kreighoff" stamped somewhere on them. The locations of these stampings varied all over the place. But this does not make them a Kreighoff Luger. Just a Luger refurbished by Kreighoff.

There would be a significant difference in price between a 'REAL' Kreighoff (S-code,1936 and up), a refurnished Luger with Kreighoff stamped somewhere on it and a Luger with just a lazy 'N' on it. I can't tell if your price on this Luger was a 'fair' price or not. Many dealers/sellers don't have a clue on what they have. If something indicates that their Luger 'might' have a connection to Kreighoff, then the dealer will automatically jack up the price. Pricing is an art and not science, especially in todays market.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote