View Single Post
Unread 07-07-2022, 09:58 PM   #1
cip59587
User

Default Luger noob - anyone familiar with Chuck's Firearms of Atlanta?

Hi all!

First post here; nice to meet all.

I've actually collected guns basically since I was a kid with my dad, but somehow in the dozens if not hundreds of various pieces to cross my path in all that time, there has yet to be a Luger of any variation.

I live in Savannah GA, these days, and was wondering if anyone has ever worked with Chuck's Firearms there in Atlanta? I heard from a cousin up there they recently got in several dozen Lugers (from I believe a large estate) and having just wrapped up a big real estate deal was thinking it was finally time to add this bucket list gun.I'll be up there for work in a couple weeks anyway, so it just seems time.

I have a fairly solid but open idea of what I'm looking for, numbers matching (grips preferably, magazine won't break my heart as long as OEM), 9mm preferred but open to 7.65, a NON-Swiss type model (i.e. no rip safety), potentially refurbed/reblued okay depending on good+ mechanical condition and bore. Also not obsessed with it being of any particular vintage and would be entirely open to a postwar piece. So in essence, a nice clean shooter-grade gun with some solid originality to begin learning from.

Can anyone say if Chuck's is a solid place? Or, barring that, anyone know of a good Luger 'go-to' in good old Georgia?

Thanks all and looking forward to being around a while!
cip59587 is offline   Reply With Quote