View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #23
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Well, I didn't win the two handguns I bid on in the RIA auction, but today I did win two separate auctions on GB for the same two handguns [the same generically] for within $5 of the price I would have paid GB if my lowball bids had been accepted and I paid by CC [17 1/2%], so I am not unhappy.

I would not have been in such a rush but I found out a couple weeks ago that the owner of my LGS/FFL receiver is cutting back his hours and taking off more time for fishing, hunting, family. When I was on the way to the PO to mail one of the MO's today, I saw a realtor hammering in a big 'For Sale' sign in the front lawn.

There are only two gunshops left locally. If this one closes I will have a long drive to pick up GB purchased handguns. Or any guns for that matter.

I'm getting too old for this anyway. I'm going to start looking for a retirement community where you have your own little bungalow and there is a big community center where all the old fogies can go and play cards, watch TV, just sit & whine, etc. Where there's a nurse on site, an activities director, a cook, maybe some other straphangers. I'll live out my days watching the 456 reruns of the 20 year run of 'Law & Order' in peace.

That sounds wonderful.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote