Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 1,047 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin 2 View Post
Sorry spangy I meant spangy Not spangly
Martin 2

No worries Martin ...

I have friends all over the UK that have had their treasured heirlooms butchered by deactivation laws.

It has started in Canada now too . Our so-called Prime Minister has blindsided Canadians by hiding behind covid-19 and an undemocratic ruse called an OIC ... Order In Council ... He has Prorogued parliament due to social distancing in essence dissolving the current parliamentary session. He then passed new gun laws that affect the entire law abiding gun owner citizenry by using the Order In Council thus bypassing a democratic reading and debate by those parties in opposition. By bypassing parliament these undemocratic new gun laws turned tens of thousands of law abiding Canadian gun owners into criminals over night.

Luger's are affected because under the new law handguns with a 4" barrel or less are now classified as prohibited instead of restricted weapons. You are expected to march your guns affected by all the varying new definitions and classifications to the police who will have them destroyed.

The Criminal Code identifies “the various firearms, weapons and devices regulated by the Firearms Act.”[4] The Code classifies firearms into three categories: restricted,[5] prohibited,[6] and non-restricted.[7] Non-restricted firearms “include ordinary shotguns and rifles, such as those commonly used for hunting. But some military type rifles and shotguns are prohibited.”[8] Restricted firearms include “certain handguns and some semi-automatic long guns (not all semi-automatic long guns are restricted or prohibited). Rifles that can be fired when telescoped or folded to shorter than 660 millimeters, or 26 inches, are also restricted.”[9] Prohibited firearms “include most 32 and 25 caliber handguns and handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm or shorter. Fully automatic firearms, converted automatics, firearms with a sawed-off barrel, and some military rifles like the AK 47 are also prohibited.”[10]

Remember that these new laws would NEVER have passed into law in a democratic parliamentary session.
I could go on but it literally makes me sick to my stomach.

https://www.interior-news.com/news/r...proval-of-oic/

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releas...style-firearms

This is why I reacted so strongly to the deactivation of your beautiful Luger Martin (I don't find it trash at all) ... i feel your pain, I honestly do.
Not only can I no longer legally purchase a <4.134" barreled Luger but I am expected to destroy any that I have.
I do have the option of having them re-barreled by a police approved gunsmith BUT they keep the old barrel for destruction.
Once re-barreled all collector value is lost of course

All this presumes that 'your papers are in order' ... sound familiar ??

Its almost too ironic ya ??
spangy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to spangy for your post: