View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2002, 10:02 PM   #1
Ray
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default KU BYF 41 Luftwaffe Marked Luger, HELP Please

Hi Guys,

I've got a pretty rare Luger that's in 97% orig condition and I've gotten some offers but I don't know if they're fair for a gun this nice. I was hoping from some input from the members of this board.

This gun was one of many brought back by a gentleman who was in the 502nd PIR 101st Airborne, he made 4 combat jumps, was a Judo Instructor, received Silver Star, Bronze Star w/ V, 3 purple hearts along with all the other standard medals.

He brought back about 25 German PPK's, Lugers, P38's and a G41 of which I purchased 15 from the family after he passed away. I also purchased his orig M1A1 Carbine, 1903A3, his jump suit uniform and other misc stuff. It's amazing what families will sell and there was no sense of history when they sold it to me.

This Luger has been getting some attention and when I took it to a local gunshow, I had a dealer offer me $2500 for it. This gun is all matching SN 196xKU, matching SN FXO37 Alum bottom mag, matching FXO37 black bakelite bottom mag, 1940 FR Offerman holster made in Bensburg that's in mint orig condition, there's no wear inside the gun, perfect bore, honest holster wear at the high points with a couple of pits on the takedown door high point where it was touching the holster for 40+ years.

There are only 2 acceptance stamps, one on the left side of the rear part of the barrel and on the front right side of the frame just behind where the barrel & frame meet. The stamps are a weird eagle with an A inside of it.

I don't think that this gun has even been fired since it left the factory and there aren't any marks or rings on the bolt face. I'd greatly appreciate any help in letting me know what everyone thinks about the offers I've been getting.

Thanks for your time,

Ray