Thread: ~~ Shooters~~
View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2006, 02:44 AM   #5
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts

The Luger which I shoot primarily is a 1936 S/42. Its all-mataching, but the finish is pretty poor. I paid $700 for it back when that amount was really too much. Sorry about the picture quality, its what I've taken of it.

This is a Luger I shoot sometimes. It is a 5" barrel parts gun (swapped parts around of two different guns), salt blued by Thor back when he was doing that, the grips are honest-to-pete smooth ivory. It probably has $1,100 into it right now, subtracting the price of the remainder parts gun I sold. It put me off of "project guns" forever. Ivory grips are an extreme pleasure to shoot with.

I also shoot this 1900 AE sometimes. It is reblued and hard used, the Eagle is buffed almost completely away, the barrel is shot smooth. When I shoot it it is often with the Ideal stock rig. I paid $600 for it when that was way too much--but it was my first Luger! The Ideal stock and grips I got by very advantageous trading.

I used to have a 1917 LP-08 which I shot, it was actually a low-end collection quality gun but I shot it anyway. I'm not including a picture because its not mine anymore. Cost me $1,200.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote