View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
biffj
User

I'll get some good pics of the markings on the holster this afternoon.....this thread sat for so long I'd quit checking it.

As for whether the pistol was issued with this holster or not thats anyones guess. I can easily see it being done and looking at any military in the world will show that "official" doctrine on material issue is seldom in step with reality. I believe the pistol was issued with this holster as the wear and "molding" of the leather to the pistol shows no other pistol ever being in this holster long enough to create any other patterns. There is a definate imprint of the grips and metal in the holster both inside and out. The date of the holster being the same as the pistol makes it very possible to have been issed this way as well. In looking at the Swiss tendancy to use everything as long as its useful it also makes one think that despite any intent to issue this style with the
29's they would have issued them with whatever was currently being handed out at the time and the 29's weren't being issued yet.

Just my opinions of course. Thanks for the help Frank

Biff
biffj is offline   Reply With Quote