Thread: Range report
View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
Jasta2
User

Default Range report

Finely got to take the Navy clone Don built for me to the range to put quite a few rounds through it this time. With standard 9mm ball if functioned almost perfectly. After 50 rounds,Only two occasions, the case did not completely eject. No stove pipe, just did not fully eject. My friend was shooting hollow point 9mm though his HK. I tried one round with no issues. So I fired 2 full mags of the hollow point through it with no malfunctions.

Now to the bad. My 68 year old eyes are not what the used to be. Even with the proper glasses on, I had a very hard time getting a good sight picture, it has original Navy type sight. I could get the target in focus, but not the sights. The few times I did sight OK, the Navy was very accurate. To make things more difficult, I was shooting at a black silhouette at 50 ft. The black sights about disappeared into the target. Shot at the white part of the target, but things were only slightly better. Need to get the right glasses to focus of the sights. I can deal with a slightly out of focus target. My bifocals or progressives just do not do the job.

To make thing worse, I let my buddy (younger than me, better eyes) put a few rounds through it. He loved the grip and though the trigger pull was not to bad and surprised at how accurate it was and enjoyed shooting it, but then said those were the worst sights he had ever seen on a pistol. Oh well,

As an aside, my 380 PPK clone I shot for the first time. Accurate, focus somewhat better than the Luger, but no matter how I held my grip, the hammer bite was awful. After 30 rounds I had a bruise and blood blister. Think I'm going to let that one go.

My accurized 1911 was a dream to shoot. The night sights gave me a good sight picture. Best 1911 I've ever fired. My friend kept asking me if I wanted to sell it. I said I would swap if he could come up with the right Luger. He just shook his head.

If you have not been to a range lately, time to pack up and go!
Jasta2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Jasta2 for your post: