View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #9
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

And if I buy many early production Lugers - I'm out the same - or more..??? Or even a good "K" date? Or even most Navy Lugers? Or, even.. Nevermind, you get the idea...

Again - IMHO - most that get "burned" by faked/boosted HKs buy one without doing the research on what is "correct" - what to look for, what should the blue look like, what are the proper machining marks, stamp variations for that production year, etc.. So again, I think that's true of *any* variation - certainly not just HKs.

My advice is - as always to anyone - do the research. Nowadays - that's a whole lot easier given Forums like this and Jan's than when I (and most of us) started way back. As well - pictures are worth a thousand words - and I'd suggest that taking the time to research any variation (by buying books or reading these Forums) will save potentially thousands of dollars and at the same time, itâ??s a lot of fun

In short - the resources both with Jan's Forum and this Forum are a huge asset to any level of collector - and they don't cost a damned thing And - it only takes just a moment to hit "search" - or go to the Gallery and look at some fairly detailed pictures of almost any Luger variation including HKs

So - my "pat" answer is "the time and money invested in research sure helps know that the $5,000 HK is a "reblue" or not". It all depends what one wants to collect and the amount of time one is willing to invest??

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote