View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2002, 12:07 AM   #4
Garfield
User

Edward:

Yes, references indicate that Krieghoff made loading tools. The ones that I have seen are stamped with the HK dagger logo.

The E/2 is a Luft acceptance stamp.

I might say that if you are interested in buying
a tool, IMHO, there are as many fakes out there as there are originals. I'm not going to make any further statements in this regard as I don't have the time to jump through all the hoops that the moderators require if I am to avoid be accused of making "unfounded assucations based on speculation".

In this particular case, you may wish to consider, for what it is worth, that this fellow, who has but 16 hits on eBay, and God Knows, that doesn't make him a bad guy and guilty of anything and anything that I say here is not an accustation that he is making fake loading tools and even if this one is fake I am certain that he doesn't know it or if he does know, it is an honest mistake, etc. Anyway, he has had at least 3 other tools up for auction on ebay very recently. A couple were $100 + tools, if original. He never posts a pic of the entire tool and from what is shown the finish on all look itentical. Now I don't know what all this means and I am not going to call this guy and ask him if they are fake or whatever or even for a pic of the entire tool. I just know that I am not going to waste my time even thinking about bidding on one. You will do what you will. I only bring this to your attention because I thought that was what an honest person would do. By the way, I don't sell loading tools and don't have an interest in a concern that does.

Good Hunting,
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote