View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #13
1933 FORD NUT
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns3545 View Post
Wayne,

What I believe is being referred to is the Krieghoff final acceptance stamp. No final acceptance stamp was placed on early guns up to about SN 4000.

But, starting around SN4000, HK started doing a FINAL inspection. They initially used the number 7on the right frame under the grip. Then in late 1936 and going though the 1940 guns, HK placed a Six-pointed star on the right side of the frame under the grips.

There is some sort of mark showing on the photos but I cannot make out details.

FYI, still later small characters in the frame well were used.

John
John , It's a " 7 " on this one . The six pointed star [ pic 1 ] would be expected by this ones birthday and that is part of why the question about the 4 point reject [ pic 2 ] star in the front frame well was asked . Gibson page 111 on that . Never documented it in the past but it seems when you see that 4 point reject star there the gun has some oddity on it .

I don't dislike this gun and am not afraid of it but I am definitely curious about the external side plate numbers . Simpsons has a 1937 that has external numbers electro penciled on several parts and their explanation is " unit lever armorer " applied .

That is the reason for wondering if the outside side plate number is through the blue or under it . As stated the fonts look different but pics are not ideal for checking that . Straight on clear inside and outside pics of the side plate would sure help .

Wayne , John is one that you should pay close attention to when he responds . IMHO on that of course but I feel that way . Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6 point star.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	52120  

Click image for larger version

Name:	4 point relect star.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	52121  

1933 FORD NUT is offline   Reply With Quote