View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #9
guns3545
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only One View Post
I've added two sets of additional picture, hopefully better using a camera instead of cell phone, that might help identify any issues on the second page of the Krieghoff serial number page. The holster is unmarked and the magazine is mismatched. Te blue color is pretty good except for a few high spots. Also I have the army capture transfer papers, but they are starting to fall apart.

Is there someone who might be able to look it up in a reference book for me? I don't see much on line.

Thanks for any help.
Bob,

We would all like to help but the pictures are too small.

What is clear is that you have a Krieghoff Side Frame Inscription.

These guns were made from guns rejected by Luftwaffe inspectors and sold to private individuals. I.e. the P prefix.

I cannot tell anything about the quality of your piece. Better pictures are required.

BUT..there was an auction this past weekend that featured several Krieghoffs, among them a side frame inscription made about the same time as yours.

Here is the link:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=99128

You can get an idea about what is going on.

Hope this helps.

John

PS: Just looked at photos. Magazine is not original to the gun. Holster is nice looking. On the surface, guns looks good including the inscription. Check out the link I gave above for some idea of what these guns are worth. Not the best; but certainly not the worse.

John

Last edited by guns3545; 09-14-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Add information
guns3545 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to guns3545 for your post: