View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2024, 08:09 AM   #13
HerrKaiser
User

Also as a young man, the economic realities for the vast majority of my generation simply puts getting into collecting out of reach. Studies show that some 75% of Americans can’t scrape together $500 for an emergency if it happened right now. I’m thankful I would be able to, in fact I did have to just last week for an emergency vet visit and stay. But if I was less financially stable, and I don’t even truly feel all too financially stable to be honest, I would have had to pretty much sell all my collection and rebuilding it even to the extent I have now would likely take 20 years since much of it was acquired before 2020.

The idea that even $1200 Shooter Lugers are attainable to young collectors to get them involved in the hobby-in an age where my monthly salary alone as a teacher with a Master’s degree does not even cover a month’s rent for a single bedroom apartment in an area that has any type of job availability, is incredibly far fetched. If I had to get started now instead of when I did in late 2017, I wouldnt have gotten into the hobby since it would have been financially out of reach for me. As it is, the hobby is still mostly out of reach for me, I have had to sell for/trade for/very creatively finance my last 3 Luger purchases and I am at about the end of the rope of stuff I have to continue these practices.

Looking for Mauser S/42 toggle train #22
HerrKaiser is online now   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to HerrKaiser for your post: