View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #31
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts

Ron, Shame on you! Discouraging a Luger owner from knocking every pin out of the lady like that!

It's actually one of the easiest pins to take out. The extractor is held in by this pin..a little hook on the bottom and the pin slides thru it to capture the extractor. I recently took apart a very beautiful Krieghoff to authenticate it for matching numbers and with a small diameter brass rod it's pin just pushed out with a slight hand pressure. I was fascinated by the craftsmanship of the Krieghoff pin even..so beautifully made..rounded over so nicely on one end. The Germans in this period of gun making were true artists.

At any rate it's stupidly simple and if you have any eye hand coordination skills at all just do it. The spring behind the extractor is under some pressure but not enough to launch parts. Just sort of pushes into place, line it up and slip the pin back together. I always take pins out of a Luger from right to left unless it is obvious they have been peened over or some other indicator like a flat and a round end..push on the flat end. .

Or if you have no eye hand coordination skills Take Ron's not that bad advice! and don't mess with it. On my Friends Krieghoff it was an absolute necessity for authentication.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote