View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #84
Allen Brett
User

Hello G.T. and once again a huge thanks to you! Without your direction I would not have been able to fix the pistol. You are so very correct in your statement on "experience". Thanks to you and this forum(along with a little Youtube) I am confident in purchasing a Luger and knowing what to look for, how to completly disassemble one put them back together and correctly lube/maintain them. It is said "knowledge is power" and I agree 100%. We were able to get my pistol fixed, headspace checked and back on track all on our own. The gunsmiths around here have no idea how a Luger even functions. Two weeks ago I was able to help a friend out with what I have learned. We looked over a 1916 DWM and confirmed there were no bluing issues, import stamps, mismatced numbers(even down to the firing pin) cracks, etc. He purchased the pistol for $1,000 after we checked the headspace with my new gauges. I was able to pass on to him how to disassembe/clean, lube, etc. There is now another Luger owner in the world just like me in his late 50's who grew up on WWII and John Wayne movies always wanting a Luger and a Colt SAA.
Allen Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to Allen Brett for your post: