View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2021, 08:19 PM   #35
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

I happened on a reference to an interesting sounding TV series that only lasted one season but was very well done setting-wise, Terra Nova. It seems to have been filmed in Australia back in 2001-2 and was about the world in 2149. The planet had developed a toxic atmosphere, no survival outside without breathing apparatus, overpopulation, etc. A rift in time is found allowing limited numbers of people to travel 85 million years in the past and set up a military colony. The series follows one family of colonizers and the efforts of the colony to survive against dinosaurs, an attack from 2149, and a rebel element also surviving in the past.

Spielberg was one of the producers and the scenery of Oz and the CGI was outstanding. The scripts/plots were way too familiar, and simplistically written. The actors were very good I thought. I could only find it on Amazon (new in sealed jewel case) but it was worth it. According to IMDB it was canceled because of escalating costs and Oz's foul weather. A shame, as with better writers it could have been a bigger hit than it was.

It's listed as a Canadian edition DVD English & French.

Edit: I don't know how I missed this back in 2002...I'm a Sci-Fi buff; this would have thrilled me - A Sci-Fi series on TV. I can't imagine what else I would have been watching. Maybe I mistook it for some boring science series...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	terra-nova.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	84338  

Last edited by sheepherder; 11-21-2021 at 10:14 PM.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to sheepherder for your post: