View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #49
cdmech
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsix View Post
Very true! I too have seen these bleeding zombie torsos, zombie paper targets, and exploding targets and figure it's video games and other entertainment media (movies, films) that is driving this and wonder a little about those who get into guns & shooting for that reason.

I guess what I mean is that it feels like the reasons people buy guns has changed. ALLOT of people are buying "black" guns ONLY because the media is hyping up that they are evil and noone except law enforcement should have them. People are buying guns because they hate being told what they can and can't do. And the gun industry is capitalizing on this attitude to sell guns. I'm generalizing of course, but that's what is striking me lately. Awhile back someone posted a picture from the 1950's of the Los Angeles High School Shooting team practicing in the hallways of their school. Everyone commented that that would never happen again. But I was thinking about that picture. Nicely dressed boys with white shirts and ties, girls with skirts and blouses shooting wood stocked 22's at round discs. With some exceptions, that's not what is being advertised today. If it doesnt look like your going to go blast away at Resident Evil nobody is interested. Maybe that's why the liberals don't like us.
Marc
cdmech is offline   Reply With Quote