View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2023, 11:30 AM   #12
reiver
User

Well found a good reload for Accurate #2...and also tried #7. #7 was too slow a burn to cycle properly. This C 96 is 'tight' ... as tight as my Swiss Luger tight.
Every base/start load as listed would not cycle the pistol with either 86 or 90 gn rounds. I slugged the bore and got .3085 so can use a .308/.309.
The load that performs perfectly is 4.5 grains of Acc. #2 .309 XTP 90 grain @ COAL of 1.355.
The recommended start load for that is 4.2/max 4.7....with a 4.4 I'd still occasionally get a stove pipe.
I think the ammo problem with a lot of C 96's is they are no longer at factory spec internally (grasping the barrel and pushing there is no movement at all...locked tight)...with my Bolo there is a slight movement. Nor are they at spec bolt to carrier.

If the springs are not just right, the recoil and the hammer (they both retard recoil) and there is some slop in the internal mechanism and frame/carrier then the bolt stop is really taking a beating.

Just an FYI.....this is my new fav. shooter but it will be used sparingly...

First range/target after working up loads...25 meters...primers shown as primer piercing can be an issue with this FP design.
reiver is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to reiver for your post: