View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2001, 09:13 PM   #8
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Hi G.T....(again:) ).!

I agree with yours and Marvin's deductions as well. However, why do the Brown grips have TWO holes but the black grips only have one??? Did Mauser black grips ever have TWO holes??

Also - I also find it interestng that the BW and the black HKs are so similiar - almost as if they were the same supplier as Mauser. But it appears there may be minor differences in either the material or the molding process..??

For example - comparing my '42 BW production to my HK 1942 - the inside of the grips seem to be a "smoother" finish then the BYF/Mauser. But - that could be a mold or production run difference?? Additionally, my 1940 HK has that same "smooth" finish as the 1942 HK inside grips (I do not have an earlier production BYF/Mauser BW to compare these against..??!!)

So - could all these black grips have come from the same supplier?? If so - are the variations due to differences in either materials or molding processes??? And if Mauser and HK went to the same supplier - then why did Mauser continue to prefer Walnut while HK went to black grips as early as 1940???

Wow - my simple mind is reeling!!!

I agree - this is an excellent thread!!!

(BTW: G.T. Anytime you'd like to come up - you are more then welcome to view my collection of Lugers..!! )